Saturday, November 12, 2011

News Flash: Harvard Beats MIT

The Crimson splashed across its headlines the following:

In its season opener, the Harvard men’s basketball team downed cross-town rival MIT, 76-49, in front of a sold-out crowd at Lavietes Pavilion on Friday night.

Now why am I not surprised. MIT never had a varsity team, we played football against the Cambridge High Schools for good lord's sake.

Why I remember one time MIT was "playing" Rindge, I think, from Cambridge, you see it was MIT Seniors versus High School Sophomores and well MIT introduced Cheerleaders. Yes, MIT Cheerleaders. Now they were also students, some just outright brilliant, and they had assembled some "uniforms" and created some "cheers". Good try, but I have seen severe neurological defects which were coordinated better.But I must commend them for their enthusiasm. I even watched them for a bit. I think MIT lost to the High Schoolers.

So is this defeat something to moan about? Well it is not Penn State. Thank God for that.