Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Lemurs and Hollywood Stars

The Guardian had an interesting quote today:

"Lemurs are a bit like Hollywood stars: beautiful, but a bit stupid"

Primate populations in the forests of Madagascar are declining rapidly. Dr Christoph Schwitzer, head of research at the Bristol Conservation & Science Foundation, talks about the battle to save species from extinction

Thought it would bring a bit of a laugh. I believe that it may also be an understatement, the stupid side that is.

Oh, just to add some credibility, I spent five years at Warner's and when leaving Steve Ross asked if I wanted to go out to the studio, and my response was, "I have an MIT PhD, I don't sing, dance or tell jokes." Steve laughed and said the jokes were fine, but I had a point. You see the brains were mostly in New York, especially on the acting side. Also, Steve Ross was in my opinion one of the most creative people I have ever met anywhere, and he fostered that creativity in all he dealt with...truly missed.