Friday, April 10, 2015

There Once Was a Time When People Did Something

I read an MIT press release article which stated:

As director of the MIT Mediated Matters group,  .... explores “material ecology” — the practice of integrating design principles inspired by nature into digital fabrication. In her TED presentation, ... debuted a wearable digestive system that could be worn by future inhabitants of Jupiter’s moons. Powered by photosynthesis, the system is designed to digest matter, absorb nutrients, and expel waste. “Think of it not as evolution by natural selection but evolution by natural design,” suggested .....

Just think of what your alumni donations are going for, "poop" on Jupiter! I spent my day trying to clarify melanoma pathways and means to attack them to see if there was a way to reduce the suffering to those inflicted. I guess being on Jupiter the UV rays will be lower and the risk likewise, so perhaps I was wasting my time.

One really cannot make this stuff up. It is generational, give them one of those mikes that looks like a skin lesion and put them on a stage, and they act...not create...who will be left to build real things I wonder.