Friday, November 23, 2012

Windmills of the Mind




As a guest blogger, I have taken this opportunity to provide some of my insight on the state of alternative energy development in our country. Recently, I have seen many alternative energy sources at work, or at least attempting to work.  As you may know, our current president has attempted to implement new energy resource plans to help “create jobs.”   In a recent speech the same individual  actually said that “We’ve doubled our use of renewable energy.” 

From the photo above, it is readily seen that this is in fact not in the slightest of way true, at least for the systems which I have encountered.  The above windmills were motionless, several dozens of such motionless windmills. You see, there is just not enough wind, unless of course there are flocks of birds flapping their wings to get them moving. I suppose this was not in the Nobel Prize winning physicist’s plan who enacted them in out wonderful Department of Energy.

As we have gone through these many states, I have been able to see innumerable instances of our tax dollars going to waste, windmills at the top of hills barely moving, generating is any, just enough to power a normal one hundred watt light bulb. Is this success? I think not.