Saturday, February 25, 2023

Amazon's Problems

 Amazon used to be dependable. But now:

1. Amazon Services LLC seems to be some entity that loses every package transported. It appears to be a logistics entity serving, I assume at exorbitant prices, third party vendors. In my opinion and in my experience this is one of the most grossly incompetent entities in shipping ever! If one sees this in a planned purchase my suggestion is run as fast as possible away from it!

2. Third party vendors are all over turning this into some type of bazaar where the buyer must beware! Especially for the ubiquitous Chinese products

3. What used to be at most 2 day deliveries is now almost 20% lost packages and one week deliveries. I am just 14 miles from the Newark Airport Center so distance it not a problem

 4. Remediation is near impossible

5. It appears that the old management team is gone replaced by God only knows what....

6. Tracking no longer works and is unreliable at best. The old delivery rules no longer apply and the information is generally grossly in error. 

7. It also appears in my opinion that Amazon "sells" something they do not have. The accept the order, represent that they have shipped it while they go about finding a way to meet the order. This may in my opinion almost be a bait and switch type of sale.

8. But the core problem in my opinion and in my experience is that Amazon tells you what the progress of the deliverable is when they know or should know that what they are representing is materially false. In fact it is a gross misrepresentation that the consumer relies upon and which is unachievable.

For higher end things I go directly to the manufacturer! Try it, it is cheaper, faster, more reliable.

The next step will be a Federal Trade Commission investigation on the basis of false advertising, gross misrepresentation, and so forth! I would not go any where near this stock!