Thursday, December 29, 2022

Online Shopping and Delivery

 As the trash from Christmas gets collected one sees hundreds of Amazon boxes at the curb but not a single Walmart. Interesting observation after the pandemic, although it still continues but not being recorded, fewer bodies I guess or no one left in Nursing homes, one has seen a shift from physical sales to Internet sales. The process has a bit of the Southwest Airline mess. Amazon delivery is now totally unpredictable, used to be 2 days as a Prime Member but now luck to get it in a week or more. But Walmart really takes the cake. They do not use boxes. So I purchased some items, 8 in all. I got 7, from the trunk of some person's car and they were dropped multiple times as they made their way to my front steps! Nice that I photographed seeing the defective order! 

I would suspect I shall refrain from Walmart, a company now famed for its incompetence. However given the people running these places perhaps there is a window for competence. Or are we just seeing the end of competency and the entry of true wokeness in the workplace.