Saturday, May 22, 2021

W10 21H1 Crashes System

Microsoft verges on the demonic. I tried to update to the new release and 12 hours later after a clean W10 reinstall, thousands of dollars of lost SW and fortunately I had backup after backup but not much of the SW and I am still reloading. It will take another few days and most likely required a new system just in case. There is no recourse but just hours spent working around the Microsoft junk. 

OK 30 hours later here is what happened:

1. Tried to load 21H1

2. Got blue screen

3. Tried to recover from screen commands

4. No good

5. Had recover USB, it worked but installed a brand new W10 system!

6. Thus I had to reload all SW

7. I had massive backups so loaded files

8. Then had to BUY new MS packages upwards of a grand!

9. Loaded all other SW thus far

10 Still making patches

11. Blocking any future MS updates!

MS is clearly one of the worst if not the worst company even envisioned. You pay for their mistakes again and again. My personal advice is do not update the SW.

UPDATE: It is now 80+ hours and still loading old SW. I gather I am not alone with this colossal mess. Seem MS has withdrawn auto updates with 21H1. In my opinion, MS has incompetent quality control resulting in irreparable harm to a massive number. Imagine them in healthcare!