Saturday, May 29, 2021

The USPS: Love it or Leave It?

 The NY Times has an Editorial on how everyone loves the Post Office. NOT!

Now here is my experience with them:

1. Yesterday in the rain I received notice of an Amazon delivery, so I went to the PO Box in the rain and, you guessed it, no package. The driver apparently saw me as he was driving away and turned back past me then made a U turn driving past me and threw the package at me as he passed. He may have been going just under 10 mph but one could call that reckless.

2. I have sent Certified Return Receipt letters to an address at an adjacent PO. They not only never got delivered but were lost! Totally lost.

3. In delivering Amazon packages if the delivery person apparently does not want to do it they either say our mail box is unreachable of that I must come to the PO to pick up the package, mid pandemic.

4. Packages are left on the curb, atop snow piles or in the rain.

5. The Post Master calls and says it is my fault....

6. Tried to write Postmaster General, clueless, then the Congressperson who appoint the local Postmaster, her response was a form letter thanking me for supporting the Post Office!

7. Multiple First Class letters are lost, forever!

etc

So who could love this grossly incompetent political favor factory!