Friday, February 12, 2021

Massachusetts vs New Jersey

 Who would have thunk it?

The NY Times presents a tale of how Massachusetts is vaccinating the 75+ set. They note:

This week, Massachusetts began a first-in-the-nation experiment, offering vaccinations to those who accompany people who are 75 and older to mass vaccination sites. The plan was intended to ease access problems for older people, who have struggled to book online appointments and travel to sports stadiums. Right away, it met with criticism from state legislators and some public health experts, who said it could result in scarce doses going to young, healthy people. It also gave rise to an unusual online market, as entrepreneurial Massachusetts residents sought to forge caregiving relationships at top speed.

Whereas here in NJ if you are over 75 just try and find a place. As I noted after hundreds of attempts I think I found one down at the Delaware border some time in March. In NY the Gov now seems to have let us say reduced the elderly population while here in NJ The Banker and Nurse Ratchet are in my opinion and in my experience ensuring that only the survival of the fittest 75+ make it until June! 

We 75+ survivors ought to find a bond and then make certain we remember this teams actions. NJ seems in my opinion and in my experience to be the only state acting in such a manner.